Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Autographed Disney Picture

Here is a description of what I "pinned":



If you write a letter to a character at Disney (Walt Disney World Communications PO Box 10040 Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040), they will send you an autographed photo back.

.................

I had both kids write a letter to their favorite character. My son wrote to Mickey and my daughter wrote to Belle. I read on the website (linked above by clicking the Cinderella picture) that the pictures would take about a month to receive.

Well about a month later, this is what we received in the mail (please excuse the flash on the princess card, I am not the world's greatest photographer):

At first, I thought, what the heck is this? I guess based on the autographed pictures I saw online I figured that they would each receive an 8 x 10 autographed picture (not postcard) of each character (pictured individually). So when I saw the postcard, I was a little bummed. My skepticism quickly dissipated after I showed both kids their postcards. They were SO excited! My 3 1/2 year old son was so happy that Mickey sent him a postcard and my daughter, who is 21 months old, kept looking at her card saying "princess".

So would I recommend it? For the cost of a postage stamp, absolutely. I am not sure how many postcards exist (i.e. is there a postcard of the Toy Story cast?), but if your kids love Disney, this is a fun, virtually free, thing to do.

Good luck and happy pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment